Instant Pot Hamburger Barley Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup lentils
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn instant pot to Saute. Cook beef, garlic and onion until browned and no pink remains.
- Add beef broth and tomato juice. Stir in with sauteed ingredients.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Set instant pot to high pressure for 15 min. After time has passed, allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
If using hulless or hulled barley, increase cooking time to 25-35 minutes and add an additional cup of broth.