Turkey Barley Soup
Don't know what to do with all those leftovers? Up-cycle them with this great turkey barley soup. Perfect for all those cold winter days.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Cups celery, sliced
- 2 Cups carrots, chopped
- 2 Cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 1 Cup barley
- 12 Cups chicken broth
- In a dutch oven, saute the onions until golden brown.
- Add in the celery and carrots and saute until tender.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in barley and turkey. Simmer for 30 minutes or until barley is tender.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and herbs of choice.
To cook in a crockpot, simply place all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours.