Eggplant & Barley Salad
A refreshing and unique salad.
- 1 cup barley
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1` large head bok choy
- 1 cup fresh edamame shelled
- 2 large carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup sesame- lime dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut eggplant into slices. Toss the eggplant with olive oil and lay slices out on baking sheet. Roast the eggplant 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Once heated add a pinch of salt and pepper, and sauté ends of bokchoy for 8 minutes. Add the tops and cook for 2 more minutes.
- In an instant-pot add 3 cups water and barley, and set on high pressure for 15 min.
- In a pot., bring the edamame and a pinch of salt to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 6 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set to side to cool.
- Grate carrots and set to the side.
- Once all ingredients are cooled, toss the barley, edamame, eggplant, bokchoy, carrots and sprouts with the sesame-lime dressing. Add additional dressing and salt as needed.