Beet & Barley Risotto
Beautiful beetroot and barley risotto, almost too pretty to eat- almost!
- 1 cup barley
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion,diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 can beets, drained, patted dry & pureed
- 1 tsp thyme
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add barley and stir until glossy. Add wine and stir until barley has absorbed it. Add in thyme.
- Add in the broth and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed and barley is tender.
- Stir in beets and warm through. Top with feta or ricotta and enjoy!