Stone Fruit Salad
Enjoy an array of fresh fruits and vegetables with a side of barley, packed with flavor and nutrition!
- 1 cup barley, hulless or pearl
- 3 cups broth, vegetable or chicken
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 2 plums, sliced
- 1/2 lb cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup vinigarette dressing of your choice
- Bring 3 cups broth to a boil then add barley. Reduce heat and simmer until barley is tender and liquid absorbed about 35-45 minutes. Alternatively: Place water and barley in Instant Pot. Close lid, set to sealing, and turn on to high pressure for 35 minutes. Conduct natural pressure release or quick valve. Drain and rinse when done.
- While barley cooks, combine spinach, peaches, plums, and cherries.
- Once barley is cooked, drain reamining liquid and rinse. Combine with
- Combine barley with spinach, peaches, plums, and cherries. Top with feta cheese and stir in dressing. Enjoy!