- 1 cup barley flour
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together barley flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter and combine until mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- Add in milk, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined and shape dough into a ball. Cut dough into 6 even pieces.
- Place evenly on the baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with toppings of your choice. Serve immediately and enjoy!