Fall in love with barley flour and the perfect pairing of pumpkin in a delicious pumpkin bread.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup barley flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 stick butter, unsalted softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree, 15oz can
- Preheat oven to 325 Farenheit and set oven rack in middle position. Grease a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until just blended. Add the egg and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.