Beef and Barley Soup
A simple and hearty soup that will warm and fill you up.
- 12 Ounce boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 Cups water
- 1 10 1/2 oz. Can condensed French onion soup
- 1 Cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 1/2 Cup regular BARLEY
- 1 Teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Brown meat in hot skillet; drain off fat.
- In a 3½ to 4½ quart slow cooker combine meat, water, soup, carrots, barley and thyme.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours (3½ hours on High).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.