Greek Barley Salad
This greek barley salad pairs the fresh flavors of the Mediterranean with the health and nutrition of barley.
- 1 cup barley, hulless, pearl or hulled
- 1 cup cherry tomato, sliced in half
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
For the Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil then add barley. Reduce heat and simmer until barley is tender and liquid absorbed about 35-45 minutes. Alternatively: Place water and barley in Instant Pot. Close lid, set to sealing, and turn on to high pressure for 35 minutes. Conduct natural pressure release or quick valve. Drain and rinse when done.
- While the barley cooks, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients including the vinaigrette. Place in the refrigerator and let chill for 1 hour. Serve, and enjoy!