A simple and sweet cupcake.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ` cup barley flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 ` cup milk
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice fresh
- Vanilla Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while mixing. Then add the milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest and store until combined.
- Spoon batter into 12 cupcake liners, evenly. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool, then frost the cupcakes with vanilla buttercream.