Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups cooked barley
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed 15 ounce
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 6 bell peppers
- Lightly coat the inside of a 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick spray. Cut tops off bell peppers, remove stems and seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, barley, 1 cup cheese, black beans, corn, salsa, cilantro, cumin, and chili powder.
- Spoon filling into each bell pepper cavity until full. Place peppers in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours, or until peppers are tender and beef is cooked through.
- Uncover and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese when 30 minutes is remaining to melt.
- Serve immediately. Drizzle with sour cream or salsa as desired.