Barley & Quinoa Butternut Squash Salad
In this nutrient packed slaad, barley and quinoa pair up for the ultimate combination of both flavor and nutrition.
- 1 cup barley
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 butternut squash, diced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup balsalmic vinegarette
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil then add barley. Reduce heat and simmer until barley is tender and liquid absorbed about 35-45 minutes. Alternatively: Place water and barley in Instant Pot. Close lid, set to sealing, and turn on to high pressure for 35 minutes. Conduct natural pressure release or quick valve. Drain and rinse when done.
- While barley is cooking, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the butternut squash on a large baking sheet, toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the squash is tender and caramelized.
- When all ingredients are done cooking, place the quinoa, barley, squash, toasted pecans, and pomegrante in a bowl. Toss the salad with the vinegarette, serve, and enjoy!
Serve and enjoy either hot or cold!