Barley Stuffed Pumpkin
Enjoy this delicious blend of barley and fruit stuffed inside a pumpkin.
- 2 small kent pumpkins
- 1 1/2 cup barley
- 2 french shallots
- 1 large handful of mint leaves chopped
- 1 large handful of parsley leaves chopped
- 1 pomegranate for seeds
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the whole pumpkins on tray and bake for 1½ hours or until tender.
- Cut the pumpkins in half. Scoop out all seeds and season the inside of pumpkin with salt and pepper.
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil on the stovetop in a medium-sized pan. Add barley and reduce to simmer for 30-45 minutes until barley is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add shallots, herbs, pomegranate, and tomatoes to the cooked barley. Add a few spoonsful of vanilla yogurt to the barley mixture and fold together.
- Dish the barley mix into each pumpkin half .Drizzle with vanilla yogurt and garnish with remaining herb leaves.