Cookie Custard Cups
Bite-sized sugar cookies cups filled with creamy custard and topped with fresh berries, perfect for any occasion.
- 1/2 cup barley flour
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature if using salted butter, omit salt
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk flours, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In mixer, beat butter and sugar on med-high until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed and add eggs, one at a time, then add in vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scoop dough into muffin tins, approximately 2-3 tablespoons each. Flatten down slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned and center mostly set. Remove from oven and immediately.
- Using a small jar, press firmly down in the center to create a well. Let pans cool for 10 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine instant vanilla pudding mixture and 2 cups of milk, whisking quickly until combined and desired thickness is reached.
- Place pudding in each cookie cup, then top with fresh berries. Place in refrigerator and serve within 2 days.