Carrot Spice Cake
- 1 1/3 cups barley flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x8 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together barley flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
- Stir in oil and eggs until well combined.
- Fold in carrots, pecans, and raisins. Pour into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on the rack in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to rack itself to cool.
- Ice with favorite frosting or enjoy without!