Baked Barley Flake
Simple, nutritious, and a treat the whole family will enjoy!
- 3 cups barley flakes
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, brown sugar, butter, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Mix in barley flakes
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until set and golden on top.
- Let cool then cut into squares and serve with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!