Sweet Potato & Barley Bake
This sweet potato & barley bake is easy to make, delicious to eat, and packed full of flavor and nutrition!
- 4 cups sweet potato, diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked barley
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients, except cilantro, in a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and barley and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes so any remaining liquid can be absorbed. Sprinkle cilantro on top and enjoy!