Make ahead and enjoy these breakfast bars all week!
Barley Breakfast Bars
- 1.5 cups BARLEY flakes
- 1 cup BARLEY flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk any kind
- 1/2 cup mashed banana About 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Add milk, mashed banana, honey, olive oil, egg, and vanilla to a large bowl then whisk to combine.
- Add 1.5 cups of barley flakes, barley flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt, then stir to combine.
- Fold in chopped pecans, then pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before slicing into bars. Store in refrigerator or individually wrapped in the freezer.