- 1 cup barley flour
- 1 cup all-purpose wheat flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (may substitute currants raisins or dried cherries)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in cranberries. Mix in milk, butter, egg, and grated lemon peel.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet, creating 12 equal portions.
- Bake at 375° F for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool scones slightly.
- Combine Lemon Glaze ingredients; stir until smooth. Use a pastry brush to glaze tops of cooled scones.