Chocolate Chip Cookies
The ultimate comfort cookie, with a delectable twist- barley flour!
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 1 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Cups barley flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugars until almost fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add barley flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir or beat on low until almost combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by large spoonfuls, onto parchment paper. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden around the edges but soft in the middle. Let them sit for a minute before transferring.
Recipe from Farm to Market Grains