Barley Flour Pie Crust
This pie crust is easy to make, delicious to eat, and oh so good for you! Add not only a new flavor dynamic but also a nutritional punch to your dessert!
- 3/4 Cup barley flour
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup cold butter
- 6 TBSP cold water
- In a food processor, combine flours, sugar, and butter.
- Process just until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add water and process until the mixture holds together.
- Shape into a ball and on a lightly floured surface, roll into a circle slightly larger than a 9-inch pie plate.
- Gently fold over the pie pan and shape to fit. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before filling.
Modified from GoBarley recipe