Orange Barley Pilaf
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Cup PEARL BARLEY
- 2 1/2 Cups water
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 Tablepoons orange juice
- 1 Orange, peeled, segmented, and cut into pieces
- 1/2 Cup golden raisins
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- In medium saucepan with lid heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Add garlic and barley; sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water and 1/2 tsp. salt. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 45 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- In the meantime, combine remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, grated orange peel, orange juice, orange pieces, raisins, green onion and black pepper; stir to blend.
- Toss with cooked barley and keep warm until ready to serve.