Barley Greek Salad
- 1 Cup PEARL BARLEY
- 3 Cups water
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crushed
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small green or red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- lettuce leaves, washed and chilled
- tomato wedges or lemon slices Directions
- Place barley, water and 1 teaspoon salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 45 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano and ¼ teaspoon salt; pour over hot cooked barley. Cool to room temperature.
- Gently stir in onions, parsley, tomatoes, bell pepper and cheese. Serve salad chilled or at room temperature on lettuce-lined plates.
- Garnish each serving with tomato wedges or lemon slices, if desired.