China Barley Skillet
Substitute barley for rice in this nutritious stir-fry.
- 1 Cup PEARL BARLEY
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1/2 Cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 Clove minced garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 Cup sliced green onion
- 2 Cups frozen oriental-style vegetables
- Combine barley and chicken broth in large covered skillet.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat to low and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine ground beef with remaining ingredients, except oriental-style vegetables.
- After barley cooks 20 minutes, top with layer of vegetables. Spread ground beef mixture over vegetable layer.
- Cover and continue to cook 30 to 35 minutes or until barley and vegetables are tender and liquid is absorbed.