Barley Shrimp Skillet
- 2 Teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 Cup PEARL BARLEY
- 1 Clove minced garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 Cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 Cups clam juice or chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 6-8 Ounce scallops or shrimp
- 1/2 Cup frozen green peas, thawed
- Heat oil in wide skillet over medium heat.
- Add barley, garlic and turmeric.
- Cook, stirring until barley is gold-en, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, cherry tomatoes, clam juice and wine. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 35 minutes.
- Arrange seafood and peas over barley.
- Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until barley is tender.
- Add more liquid if barley seems dry.
- Spoon into bowls.