Barley Raisin Cookie
Just the right amount of sweet.
- 1/2 Pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup eggs
- 2 granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cups BARLEY flour
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Cups BARLEY flakes
- 1 Cup Raisins
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- And oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto non-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely. Store tightly covered.