Barley Fruit Muffins
The perfect morning snack.
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup barley flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup (8 ounces) low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 Cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 Cup light olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup chopped dried fruit (apricots, apples, raisins, cranberries or cherries)
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, eggs, brown sugar, olive oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in dried fruit.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide batter equally between muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn muffins out onto cooling rack.