Cheesy Barley Frittata
A go-to dish for brunches and holidays.
- 1 Cup PEARL BARLEY
- 3 Cups water
- 10 Eggs eggs
- 2 Cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup shredded Parmesan sheese
- 1 Cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- 1 4oz Jar pimento drained and chopped
- 5 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In medium saucepan with lid bring water to a boil.
- Add pearl barley; return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 45 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- In blender, whirl together eggs, cottage cheese, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour into large bowl and add cooked pearl barley, cheeses, green onion, butter, pimento and Italian seasoning.
- Pour mixture into buttered 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F and continue to bake 30-35 minutes longer or until fritatta is brown and puffy.
- Cool slightly and cut into 12 squares.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce.